If you need help, information, support or referral, call Blue Knot Helpline (formerly ASCA Professional Support Line) on 1300 657 380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9am-5pm Monday to Sunday AEST/ADST.
Blue Knot Helpline provides:
- Professional short-term counselling support
- Referrals for ongoing support
- Support and guidance for engaging with the Royal Commission
Our trained, experienced and trauma-informed counsellors, male and female, support adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse, their partners, family and friends, health professionals and anyone in the workplace working with people who have experienced childhood trauma and abuse.
Calling the Blue Knot Helpline:
- The line operates 9am-5pm Monday to Sunday AEST/ADST
- If we can't answer your call straight away, it will be diverted to voicemail
- If you leave a message, one of our counsellors will return your call as soon as possible. Please remember to leave your area code
- If we cannot reach you, we will leave a message on your voicemail saying that the Blue Knot Helpline called. If you do not want us to leave a message for you then please let us know this when you leave your voice message for the Helpline
- Note that the Blue Knot Helpline number will appear as blocked when we call
- All calls received out of hours will be returned as soon as possible in normal operating hours
If you are distressed, in crisis or in immediate need of support please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Call 000 (Emergency Services) if life is in danger.
What happens when you call the Blue Knot Helpline?
Blue Knot Helpline is a specialist service. Our counsellors are trained to provide an empathetic, informative and empowering initial contact for adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse. Because calling our Helpline is often a survivor’s first step on the path to recovery and seeking support, we believe that being focused on the needs of our callers is the best way we can support them in their choices.
The nature of our Helpline calls varies widely and includes;
- support and information to those affected by abuse and trauma in childhood
- first-time disclosures from survivors
- information and support for those caring for loved ones affected by childhood trauma and abuse
- requests for referrals to practitioners in local areas
- information about workshops, counselling, support and advice
- support and information for those working with adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse
Blue Knot Helpline does not replace the therapeutic value of face-to-face counselling. It is a stepping stone for people seeking support and a valued service for those in rural and remote Australia, and/or where face-to-face counselling in not available. The Helpline provides a helpful adjunct to face to face counselling by offering support services, information, psycho-education, and referrals.
On Blue Knot Day each year (last Monday of October), Blue Knot Foundation releases research from its Blue Knot Helpline. Click here to download the 2015 report>>
Blue Knot Foundation referral database
Blue Knot Foundation manages a Referral Database containing the names of health practitioners and organisations with experience in supporting adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse. Helpline counsellors identify service providers from this database in response to requests from service users. Blue Knot Foundation provides this information as a service only and cannot guarantee its suitability for any service user’s particular needs. For further information about the referral database, including the application process and concerns or complaints about a health practitioner, please click here.
Helpline compliments, suggestions and complaints
Blue Knot Foundation accepts compliments, suggestions and complaints made by a person on their own behalf or by a person on behalf of an organisation. If you have a compliment, suggestion or complaint about the Blue Knot Helpline then please submit this via the webform located here: http://www.blueknot.org.au/ABOUT-US/Contact-Us/Compliments-and-Complaints.
"One of the best telephone counselling services I have accessed. The person on the other end seems to understand and care about what and why I have called. Thank you all for your help and compassion. I no longer call other telephone counselling services, just Blue Knot Foundation."
"Your counsellor was just phenomenal. His depth of understanding was powerful and I felt so Seen and Understood; I felt like he really got it and although it made me cry initially, it was so deeply soothing and relieving. It’s so rare for someone to truly get the impact; it was just amazingly potent and liberating… I feel like your counselling line has given me a way forward and a sense of hope. I don’t think I’ve felt that understood in a very, very long time. I’m so blessed to have had the gift of this phone call. One hour and the right person on the other end of the phone and I cannot believe the difference it’s made"
Proud partner of