If you need help, information, support or referral, call Blue Knot Helpline (formerly ASCA Professional Support Line) on 1300 657 380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9am-5pm Monday to Sunday AEST/ADST.
Blue Knot Helpline provides:
- Professional short-term counselling support
- Referrals for ongoing support
- Support and guidance for engaging with the Royal Commission
Our trained, experienced and trauma-informed counsellors, male and female, support adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse, their partners, family and friends, health professionals and anyone in the workplace working with people who have experienced childhood trauma and abuse.
Calling the Blue Knot Helpline:
- The line operates 9am-5pm Monday to Sunday AEST/ADST
- If we can't answer your call straight away, it will be diverted to voicemail
- If you leave a message, one of our counsellors will return your call as soon as possible. Please remember to leave your area code
- For privacy reasons, our number will appear as a blocked call and we will not leave a message unless you tell us it is okay to do so
- All calls received out of hours will be returned as soon as possible in normal operating hours
If you are distressed, in crisis or in immediate need of support please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Call 000 (Emergency Services) if life is in danger.
What happens when you call the Blue Knot Helpline?
Blue Knot Helpline is a specialist service. Our counsellors are trained to provide an empathetic, informative and empowering initial contact for adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse. Because calling our Helpline is often a survivor’s first step on the path to recovery and seeking support, we believe that being focused on the needs of our callers is the best way we can support them in their choices.
The nature of our Helpline calls varies widely and includes;
- support and information to those affected by abuse and trauma in childhood
- first-time disclosures from survivors
- information and support for those caring for loved ones affected by childhood trauma and abuse
- requests for referrals to practitioners in local areas
- information about workshops, counselling, support and advice
- support and information for those working with adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse
Blue Knot Helpline does not replace the therapeutic value of face-to-face counselling. It is a stepping stone for people seeking support and a valued service for those in rural and remote Australia, and/or where face-to-face counselling in not available. The Helpline provides a helpful adjunct to face to face counselling by offering support services, information, psycho-education, and referrals.
On Blue Knot Day each year (last Monday of October), Blue Knot Foundation releases research from its Blue Knot Helpline. Click here to download the 2015 report>>
Blue Knot Foundation referral database
Blue Knot Foundation has established a referral database to meet the range of needs of its callers. The database includes health professionals and agencies around Australia with expertise and experience in supporting adult survivors of childhood trauma, who have undergone a comprehensive application and assessment process. The referral database is used by Blue Knot Helpline counsellors to provide referral options to its callers. Blue Knot Foundation is also currently establishing a database of trauma-informed GPs, Health Professionals, Agencies and Support Groups should you wish to apply for inclusion on our database.
"I am 48 years old now and there is simply not a day goes by that I don’t carry the burden of what my father had put me through from the age of 10 years old. Anyway I have learnt to be really positive and place my fears, hatred and turmoil into more positive thoughts.....I rang and spoke to ASCA late last year about becoming a member and spoke to the nicest gentleman concerning the issues I was enduring, after the phone call I felt really great and wasn’t down on myself at all. He was very sincere and treated me with the upmost respect and dignity". - Anonymous
"A key referral which is used by Lifeline is the ASCA helpline and website. Lifeline is confident in making referrals to ASCA." - Dawn O'Neill ex-CEO Lifeline Australia
Proud partner of