Blue Knot Foundation – National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma
What we do:
- Empower recovery and build resilience for the 1 in 4 Australian adults who experience the impacts complex trauma
- Provide support, education and resources for the families and communities of adult survivors of complex trauma
- Develop and disseminate best practice and research evidence around complex trauma
- Build national workforce capacity around complex trauma treatment, trauma-informed practice and managing vicarious trauma
- Drive innovation in complex trauma policy, practice and service delivery
- Embed trauma-informed policy, practice and systems change within organisations and the community
What is complex trauma?
Complex trauma is repeated, ongoing and usually interpersonal (between people). It often occurs in childhood from abuse, neglect and other adverse childhood events. It can also occur from repeated violence and trauma as an adult. Some people experience trauma right through their life.
empowering recovery from complex trauma