Blue Knot Foundation is the National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma. We work to empower recovery for the 1 in 4 adult Australians (5 million) who have experienced childhood trauma - complex trauma.
What do we do?
Supporting survivors and those who support them
People who experience abuse and trauma in childhood often struggle with their psychological and physical health. People supporting them often don’t know what to do and say. Blue Knot Foundation empowers survivors to recover and supports those around them.
A workforce that understands trauma and is trauma-informed supports recovery. This includes staff, volunteers, professionals and managers at all levels, in diverse sectors.
Building a trauma-informed community
Trauma is very common. It affects us all. A trauma informed community embraces possibilities for recovery, empowers survivors, and looks after ourselves.
Using research and practice evidence to inform complex trauma treatment, including child sexual abuse
We analyse evidence from research and practice to identify what works and what doesn’t work in complex trauma treatment.
How do we do it?
• Empower recovery and build resilience for the 1 in 4 Australian adults who experience the impacts childhood trauma
• Provide support, education and resources for the families and communities of adult survivors of childhood trauma
• Develop and disseminate best practice and research evidence around complex trauma
• Build national workforce capacity around complex trauma treatment, trauma-informed practice and managing vicarious trauma
• Drive innovation in complex trauma policy, practice and service delivery
• Embed trauma-informed policy, practice and systems change within organisations and the community