Currently Hiring - Training and Services Manager
Blue Knot Foundation is the leading national organisation working to improve the lives of the 5 million (1 in 4) Australian adults who are survivors of childhood trauma, including abuse.
Our recent work with the Royal Commission, coupled with the services offered through our rapidly expanding training division, is continuing to help even more people. We recently announced the launch of Blue Knot Foundation’s ‘National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma’, which is driving:
• Innovation in complex trauma policy, practice and systems change
• Development of best practice and research evidence around complex trauma
And is also building national workforce capacity around complex trauma, trauma-informed practice and vicarious trauma.
The role of Training and Services Manager will manage the delivery and quality assurance of all Blue Knot’s revenue generating services. Critical to the role’s success is commitment to ensuring the growth of revenue, rigorous quality assurance processes and effective client/stakeholder management.
The role leads a small internal service delivery team as well as a team of contracted trainers, supervisors, speakers and consultants.
This is a full-time 12 month fixed-term contract position reporting to the Head of Learning and Business Development.
1. Overall Service Delivery
• Identify and manage scoping, development, implementation and delivery of new, existing and customised training, supervision, speaking and consultancy services
• Ongoing QA processes around service delivery and recommendations for QI
• Review and evaluation of all services and recommend strategic service initiatives
• Optimise end-to-end delivery of all services
• Build credibility and increase market penetration
2. Training Delivery
• Recommend improvements via a variety of training modes, including virtual, LMS and face-to-face
• Design and develop training packages and modules based on adult learning principles
• Provide debriefing and support to Blue Knot Foundation contractors nationally
3. Leadership & Management
• Effective management of internal service team to maximise performance
• Effective management of facilitator team, including recruitment, orientation, and deployment
• Management of communication strategy
• Client/stakeholder relationship management
4. Financial management
• Budget maintenance and contract management
• 3-5 years’ experience and expertise as a training and/or services manager
• Sound risk management and decision making skills
• Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
• Proven track record managing and/or leading teams, and excellent leadership skills
• Proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects on time, budget, meeting KPIs
• Proven track record in designing and executing successful training programs end-to-end, including developing training manuals and learning resources based on adult learning principles
• Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong eye for detail and advanced record keeping skills
• Proficiency in MS office, LMS and database software
• Degree in education, training, human resources or related field
• Community and government sector experience an advantage
• Understanding of trauma-informed practice and complex trauma an advantage
• Experience of professional supervision as a supervisor or supervisee.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria by COB Tuesday 10th April 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org