NOW HIRING - TRAINER
About Blue Knot Foundation
Blue Knot Foundation is the National Centre of Excellence for Complex Trauma. It works to empower recovery for the estimated five million (1 in 4) Australian adults who are survivors of childhood trauma, their families and their communities.
Blue Knot Foundation is at the forefront of trauma-informed policy, practice, research and training. Blue Knot Foundation released Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care and Service Delivery (2012), a global first in setting the standards for clinical and organisational practice. Since the release of the guidelines Blue Knot has remained a thought leader releasing publications in the areas of complex trauma and trauma-informed practice.
Blue Knot Foundation provides a range of services in every state and territory including:
- Professional development training for professionals and other personnel across diverse sectors in trauma-informed practice, complex trauma treatment and vicarious trauma mitigation
- Trauma-informed supervision, organisational consultancy, research and advocacy
- Educational workshops for survivors and their loved ones
- Specialist Blue Knot Helpline
About the role
Blue Knot Foundation is expanding its training arm and is looking for experienced trainers/facilitators to deliver our suite of trauma-informed and clinical packages around the country. This contract position could complement the work of professionals in private practice or who work part time in a trauma service.
Priority Skill Sets
We are looking for trainers with excellent training facilitation skills, confidence, and enthusiasm AND, experience and skill sets in one, or more, of the following:
1. clinical/ counselling experience working within domestic and family violence services (at least 5 years)
2. experienced complex trauma clinicians (at least 5 years) who implement best practice approaches
3. working in organisational settings which support traumatised people
4. lawyers working with people with complex trauma histories
5. working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
6. working with people who use alcohol and other drugs
7. working within homelessness services
8. carers of adults who have been repeatedly traumatised
9. working with people with different abilities / disability
10. people managers (with at least 5 years people management experience) working in human services, health or other services that provide services to traumatised people
11. working in educational settings with adolescents or adults who have been traumatised
12. provision of clinical supervision to complex trauma practitioners.
We are looking for trainers in all Australian States and Territories.
- Tertiary qualifications in one of the following disciplines - psychology, education, social work, allied health, medicine, law or counselling
- High level understanding of trauma-informed practice, the impact of complex childhood trauma, vicarious trauma and implications for service providers
- Extensive experience working with people who have experienced childhood trauma in the health, human services, legal, corporate or private clinical practice sectors
- Demonstrated experience in one, or more, of the 12 Priority Skill Sets listed above
- Ability to use an engaging training delivery style and “think on your feet”
- Extensive experience facilitating adult learning in professional development or vocational setting, including working with diverse group dynamics, managing challenging behaviours and applying adult learning principles
- A high level of interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to reflect on own skills and knowledge base in relation to meeting training outcomes
Highly regarded, but not essential:
- Lived experience of complex trauma
- Ongoing professional supervision (if working clinically)
- Ability to travel
- A current Certificate IV TAE Workplace Training and Assessment
- Experience facilitating online learning
- Experience in tailoring training packages
- Experience delivering training to workers/professionals with clients who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
How to Apply
- Submit your CV and an application outlining how you meet the Essential and Highly Regarded Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State “Application for Trainer Position” in the header
For any questions regarding the role, please contact Elena Manning - Training and Services Manager. Email: email@example.com Phone: (02) 8920 3611.