The bushfires which have swept through and continue to threaten our country have left a path of devastation behind them. Lots of people are being subjected to ongoing stress and trauma, substantial grief and significant loss over a long period of time. Many of us are also living with the impacts of prior trauma, often from childhood, although also as an adult. The current danger can leave us feeling powerless and helpless and this ongoing fear can bring back memories and feelings of our past trauma on top of the current trauma we are facing. If this is happening to you and you would like to speak with a trauma counsellor, please call Blue Knot Helpline 1300 657 380 between 9-5 Mon-Sun ADST
Call 1300 657 380 between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Sunday AEST. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Our counsellors are here to listen and support you
· Everyone’s experience of trauma is different
· Everyone has different needs
· Our counsellors focus on your needs when you call
Our specialist trauma counsellors provide:
- Short-term counselling support
- Referrals for ongoing support
- Support with redress applications
We support adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse, parents, partners, family and friends as well as the professionals who work with them.
If you are distressed, in crisis or in immediate need of support please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Call 000 (Emergency Services) if life is in danger.
What happens when you call?
Blue Knot Helpline is a specialist service. Our counsellors provide empathetic, informative and empowering support for adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse.
- We operate 9am-5pm Monday to Sunday AEST/ADST
- If we can't answer your call straight away, it will go to voicemail
- You may choose to leave a message or not
- If you leave a message, a counsellor will return your call as soon as possible. Please include your area code
- If we can’t reach you, we will leave a message on your voicemail saying that the Blue Knot Helpline called. If you do not want us to leave a message please tell us this when you leave your message
- Calls from the Helpline to you will show up as blocked calls
- All calls received out of hours will be returned during normal operating hours
We can provide support with redress applications
The National Redress Scheme started on 1st July 2018. The Blue Knot Helpline team can support you with your application. A number of services throughout Australia can provide face-to-face support for people during the application process.
- link you with other redress services using a linking up warm referral service. We will do the leg work for you, find a local provider and link you with them.
- if there are no face-to-face redress services in your area, we can support you over the telephone during the application process.
Please call our helpline on 1300 657 380 Mon-Sun AEST to talk about how we can support you through your redress application. You can also connect with us via email at email@example.com
Read the interview between Fran Kelly and Minister Anne Ruston regarding the National Redress Scheme
Blue Knot Foundation referral database
Blue Knot Foundation has a Referral Database of health practitioners and organisations with experience in supporting adult survivors of childhood trauma and abuse. Helpline counsellors use this database to meet referral requests from callers. Blue Knot Foundation provides this information as a service only and cannot guarantee its suitability for any caller’s particular needs. For further information about the referral database, including how practitioners can apply and concerns or complaints about a health practitioner, please click here.
Helpline compliments, suggestions and complaints
The Blue Knot Helpline accepts compliments, suggestions and complaints made by a person on their own behalf or on behalf of an organisation. Please submit your compliment, suggestion or complaint here: http://www.blueknot.org.au/ABOUT-US/Contact-Us/Compliments-and-Complaints.
"To anyone experiencing trauma, this helpline will be the exact comfort you need. After both abuse and trauma is normal for us to be confused around what we are needing, This helpline and the counsellors along the other side will allow a safe place for you to explore what you're needing and to have those needs be met."
- Anonymous, 2018
"I want to let you know how important you are. How much you have meant to me to have someone to talk to about my wife’s child hood trauma. I know it didn’t happen to me, but the information that was given to me from the first phone call has been lifesaving."
- Jake, 2018
Proud Partner of: