Trauma-Informed Care and Practice - Level 2
This one-day interactive and practical professional development training builds on the principles of trauma-informed care and practice explored in Blue Knot Foundation’s training: Foundation for Trauma-Informed Care and Practice Level 1.
The training will foster insights, develop skills and explore practical strategies needed to work effectively with trauma survivors, and enable support workers, services and organisations to be more trauma-informed.
Like Level 1, this training is appropriate to a wide range of work roles. This Level 2 training focusses on how to apply and implement the five Principles of Trauma Informed Care and Practice in the learner’s workplace, working with their unique barriers and opportunities for change. Learners will conduct a client walk through of their service, and also conduct a trauma informed practice audit.
This includes working with people in ways that support healing and recovery processes, and minimising the risk of re-traumatisation.
By participating in this professional development training, attendees will:
- Understand developmental tasks, trauma adaptations and attachment dynamics
- Understand the criticality of relationship when working with people who have experienced diverse traumas, and apply this to case scenarios
- Perform a client walk-through of your service
- Perform a trauma informed practice audit
- Apply the 5 Principles of Trauma Informed Care and Practice in your role and in your workplace
Material presented in the training will draw on research including from Blue Knot Foundation's Practice Guidelines for Treatment of Complex Trauma and Trauma Informed Care and Service Delivery and other relevant research.