Trauma-Informed Care and Practice - Level 2
This one day interactive professional development training builds on the principles of trauma-informed care and practice explored in Blue Knot Foundation’s training: Foundation for Trauma-informed Care and Practice Level 1. The training will foster insights and skills needed to work relationally with trauma survivors.
A relational approach highlights strategic connection and collaboration as building blocks for resilience and the development of self-regulation skills. This includes working with disclosure in the present rather than seeking details of past trauma, and so reducing the risk of re-traumatisation.
The training will equip participants with the knowledge and tools to create safe situations in the context of complex personal, interpersonal, and environmental influences. Skill development focuses on the particular experiences and needs of survivors, is evidence based, person-centred and practical.
The training enables participants to support the development of personal and interpersonal skills that may have been interrupted by trauma experiences. The training will also explore participants’ roles in fostering sector development. This includes the use of psycho education to promote trauma-informed care and practice within their organisations, with sector partners and other stakeholders, including support people and families.
By participating in this professional development training, attendees will:
- Understand developmental tasks, trauma adaptations and attachment dynamics
- Understand the criticality of relationship when working with people who have experienced complex trauma and apply this to case scenarios
- Perform a client walk-through of your service
- Perform a trauma informed audit tool
- Apply the 5 principles of trauma-informed care and practice in your role and in your workplace